[Ambassadors] Fedora 18 delayed yet again
jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 14:38:19 UTC 2013
----- Original Message -----
> ----- Original Message -----
> > I recently found this link in twitter...
> > http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/news/fedora-18-delayed-yet-again
> > Why people say bullshit?
> It has been delayed. Look on any site that has the Fedora 18 banner
> graphic. On Thursday it changed from 5 days to 12 days.
> The telltale sign is the fact that the most recent build is TC4 and
> they haven't even had an RC build yet. TC4 came out yesterday and
> the go/no-go meeting was yesterday... so could you have predicted
> the outcome?
> I'd not be surprised if it was pushed back another week or even
> several. If they haven't had an RC build yet... how can it be
> released 11 days from now? I did noticed that the "this is a
> pre-release version" message got removed in TC4 so in theory that
> could be a suitable substitute for an RC (Release Candidate)... so
> maybe 11 days is reasonable.
Just FYI and update for Ambassadors : we do have RC now - actually the
second one. And we are now more flexible, so in case we won't be
able to say Go on tomorrow's meeting, we try Friday for Go/No-Go ->
Thursday release (so only two days slip) but it's just speculation
right now :)
> Please note that I *AM NOT* badmouthing anyone. I don't care how
> long it takes... I'd prefer it to be without blocker bugs rather
> than being released before it is done.
> I've been happily using the pre-release builds of Fedora 18 and using
> it on a number of machines. It seems just as stable or more so than
> Fedora 17 (which I'm very happy with). The blocker bugs didn't
> really affect me.
> Scott Dowdle
> 704 Church Street
> Belgrade, MT 59714
> (406)388-0827 [home]
> (406)994-3931 [work]
> ambassadors mailing list
> ambassadors at lists.fedoraproject.org
More information about the ambassadors