[Ambassadors] Call for tester/feedback on fedocal

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:24:21 UTC 2013

I would like to raise my hand to be your testing lab rat for this project.
I really happy to see this application running, and I have tons of idea
around this. First of it we ambassadors we already have an schedule, what
is made by our program manager. That would be nice addition to have it here
to be synchronized..... But, I try to gather my ideas (without in order):

- Pushing immediate reminders (nudge) with fedmsg
- First direct filtering after login based on region and team membership
necessary
- Further filtering based on events, or trac tickets.
- Include Holiday markings (and weekends), so with that you can prevent
collisions, coverings with other meetings
- Colouring on filtered list
- Export possibility from web (save as pdf, ical, etc) - or sync online to
an local app
- Local app on the user machine, that syncs to this web app - able to add
$meetings, $events to fedlocal (I recommend Geary http://yorba.org/geary/,
because it behaves as RSS like and it can be a nice common UI for mails,
reminders, dates, tasks, shedule, requests, and more - deeply modular)
- Whenisgood.net like ability for planning - *http://whenisgood.net/

*Thats all for now... What do you think?

Zoltan

2013/1/11 Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>

> Dear all,
>
> Lately, I have spent sometime working on a web-application that would
> allow us to manage calendar: fedocal.
>
> I started with the idea to replace the #fedora-meeting wiki page [1]
> which in addition from not being up to date relies on a mediawiki table
> which a number of person find really hard to handle/edit.
>
> Additionally it should be able to handle meeting reminder in a
> consistent and automated manner.
>
> I also had in mind to be able to have a calendar for the infrastructure,
> things like planned outage and all.
>
> I spoke with some person about this at the last FUDCon in Paris and they
> told me, it might be interesting to have a calendar also available for
> the ambassadors.
> Something that could/would replace the Events page [2]. This means that
> on the contrary to the #fedora-meeting calendar, the ambassador one can
> have several meetings at the same time and that we should be able to
> assign them to a region (EMEA/APAC/LATAM/NA).
> I took this into account and added the desired functionality to fedocal.
>
> I think I am now close to an alpha release so I would like to call for
> tester and feedback.
> Do you like it?
> Do you find it useful?
> What should be added?
> What simply doesn't work?
>
> All can go to fedocal's trac:
> http://fedorahosted.org/fedocal
>
> If you are interested, I also wrote down some documentation:
> http://fedocal.rtfd.org
>
> And of course, fedocal itself:
> https://fedocal.dev.fedoraproject.org
>
> It is still a very young project and I am still trying to determine if
> we want this and if it fits our needs.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Best regards,
> Pierre