[Ambassadors] Call for tester/feedback on fedocal

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 03:58:55 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-12 at 03:07 +0700, Arif Tri Waluyo wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon
> <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
>         Dear all,
>
>         Lately, I have spent sometime working on a web-application
>         that would
>         allow us to manage calendar: fedocal.
>
>         I started with the idea to replace the #fedora-meeting wiki
>         page [1]
>         which in addition from not being up to date relies on a
>         mediawiki table
>         which a number of person find really hard to handle/edit.
>
>         Additionally it should be able to handle meeting reminder in a
>         consistent and automated manner.
>
>         I also had in mind to be able to have a calendar for the
>         infrastructure,
>         things like planned outage and all.
>
>         I spoke with some person about this at the last FUDCon in
>         Paris and they
>         told me, it might be interesting to have a calendar also
>         available for
>         the ambassadors.
>         Something that could/would replace the Events page [2]. This
>         means that
>         on the contrary to the #fedora-meeting calendar, the
>         ambassador one can
>         have several meetings at the same time and that we should be
>         able to
>         assign them to a region (EMEA/APAC/LATAM/NA).
>         I took this into account and added the desired functionality
>         to fedocal.
>
>         I think I am now close to an alpha release so I would like to
>         call for
>         tester and feedback.
>         Do you like it?

NO!  I LOVE IT!

>         Do you find it useful?

ABSOLUTELY

>         What should be added?

This should be nice for event tracking too.  All calendar stuff should
have an entry but can be filtered out using 'keywords' or 'tag'.  So if
the application is generic, it is useful to everyone.  So say, an
ambassador wants to see EMEA meetings ... he/she can select two tags,
"meetings" and "EMEA".  Something like that.  Summary: a tagging feature
will be nice.

>         What simply doesn't work?

I haven't found one yet

>  Yes, I love it. If we could add a search feature based on the date,
> then this will be more useful :)
>

> Kind Regards,
> Arifiauo

This is an awesome work.