[Ambassadors] APAC FY2014 Budget Meeting on Saturday, January 12th, 2013 at 04:00 UTC

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 12 05:35:10 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

Greetings. :)

Buddhike, I deeply appreciate your e-mail.  :)

I hope that our meeting logs provide Tuan and you with enough data and information.  :)

If additional is requisite, then please do not hesitate to shake our trees for more data.  :)
> I ll be on travelling therefore may be I wont attend the meeting. But I note here my ideas so that you all have a baseline to discuss.

> First of all this is the first time we doing such so we are new to this and there will be a lot to later. Will make a try and see.

True and Ankur, referenced, then so did I that your e-mail's content be the meeting's essence.  :)
> Budget can be divided into two sections
>
> 1. Budget for SWAGS
> 1.1 APAC regional production
> 1.2 Individual production for events

We made note of this, good ideas!  :D
> 2. Budget for Event sponsorship
> 2.1 Release parties
> 2.2 Other events (with no FAD or FUDCons)

Four of my twenty four (24) events are Release Parties.  :)
> ==1. Budget for SWAGS/APAC regional production==
> * DVDs  = no of units 2000 (per release)
> * Lap Stickers = no of units 2000 (per release) any other (tshirts, buttons ...etc (please discuss))

Definitely discussed.  :)
> ==1. Budget for SWAGS/Individual production for events==
> * percentage of the Total amount in above section can be allocated here (Discuss))

Great ideas!  :D
> ==2. Budget for Event sponsorship/ Release parties==
> Average release party with no SWAGS can be around USD 100 (based on participants), How many events can we think of (Need input from FAm from APAC countries) (will plan for USD 100 if the budget exceed we can use the reserves which will be later decide based on the total amount of the budget)
Off-hand, I know that I would need more than $100 USD to pull off a Release Party.
> ==2. Budget for Event sponsorship/Other events (with no FAD or FUDCons)==
> Average event with no SWAGS can be around USD 150 (based on participants), How many events can we think of (Need input from FAm from APAC countries) (will plan for USD 150 if the budget exceed we can use the reserves which will be later decide based on the total amount of the budget)

Good number.  :)
> == Travel ==
> Do we need to have a portion for the travel for events with in APAC, how much?

Good question, depends on the country.  In my case I will require about $25 USD.  :)
> ==Other==
> * Special projects => What about event attendee sponsorship proposal (USD 1000 per year)
> * Special Projects => Competitions ?
Great thoughts.  :)

> With these inputs we can create the budget, since this is the first time as I noted there will be some ups and downs, but we can learn from this and face the FY2014 nicely.

A big +1

As we all within APAC are quite aware of, each country has different needs and I hope that we have provided enough data for the FY2014.  :)

Sending positive Fedora energy to all your computers now.  :v)

Please have a Great Fedora day and evening! :~)

Thank You
Sincerely
=-=-=-=-=
- David -
=-=-=-=-=
David Ramsey
---------------------------------
一石二鳥
いっせきにちょう
One stone; two birds.
To kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
=
Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey
With sixteen (16) x86_64 computing cores, 80 GB of RAM and eight SATA Seagate 7200.12 - 500 GB harddisks.
With sixty-four (64) x86_64 computing cores, 256 GB of RAM and 1TB harddisks.
The system definitions are at the following URL:
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey#Using_embedded_code_have_updates_automatically_done_for_running_systems.27_status
=