[Ambassadors] Brief Report on Poster Competition

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 01:21:28 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-05 at 23:32 +0200, Joerg Simon wrote:
> this is exactly how this thread should have ended!

A few action items got skipped:

1. The event report *must* be modified to use the new background text.
The organizer side stepped my question on whether re-use of the old
background was approved. I take that as a "No". This is a MUST item,
since the event was approved by the community under the condition that
it went ahead *without* the inflammatory background text. The condition
has been broken already, but modification of the report will be
sufficient to rectify this, this time.

2. The posters that were submitted must be made available under a CC
licence. This is also a MUST item: Since it was a Foss event, all the
work done should be open sourced for any one to use. Ideally, the
participants should have a small write up explaining their submissions
which should be attached to the posters. (Two community members have
already requested this in the thread)

In general, the event report should talk about:
1. what FOSS tools were actually used
2. how well they were used,
3. what ideas the participants came up with,
4. where there submissions are -> they should be made available under a
CC licence for anyone to use,
5. how this spread information about foss and the event's theme
6. how the results of this event can be used to hold a better event in
the future

Please spend some more time re-writing the report as per the feedback
collected in this thread. It needs to be updated on the event website,
and the fedora wiki page at least. I request you to please get your
organizing committee to proof read it before publishing it.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Join Fedora! Come talk to us!