[Ambassadors] Fwd: Blue Fedora

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 16:22:38 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, den 21.06.2013, 04:51 -0700 schrieb Matt McKenzie:

> The OP was talking about Ambassadors wearing actual blue fedora hats,
> not about logos on packages or etc.

I think "avoid using hats to represent Fedora" covers that case.

> I myself have a RedHat(tm) red fedora, which I wear to many Linux
> events, it helps people to recognize me as a Linux user.  I am not a
> RedHat employee (and I don't claim to be) though just an Ambassador.
> I have often considered a nice blue fedora to wear to these events.

You can certainly do this on "Linux events" (although it shouldn't be
necessary, people can already identify you as Linux user because you are
there), but when you attend as an ambassador, an official representative
of the Fedora Project, you should not wear it - unless you also happen
to be a Red Hat employee. And depending on the event, employees should
make a decision who they want to represent in first place.

The public conception of Fedora often is Red Hat's "test bed" or "beta
version", but for me, this is not true. Fedora is much more than that
and we show that to the public.

Kind regards,
Christoph