[Ambassadors] Fwd: Blue Fedora

Marcel Ribeiro Dantas ribeirodantasdm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 19:55:36 UTC 2013

I understand all the concerns of Red Hat Inc about people being misled by
the use of a Fedora.

The reason why I started this thread (and discussion in the LATAM meeting),
is because I think exactly the opposite. If we, people representing Fedora,
(let's say Ambassadors) wear a blue Fedora, I can't think what would be
more clear that we represent FEDORA, and not red Fedora, Red Hat or any
other project.

Some people have argued that Fedora is not a hat, it's a project. But if
our project's name is the name of a hat, why not using it to represent it?
In Brazilian Portuguese, the word Fedora sometimes is linked to an
unpleasant word (due ortographic similarity) and I'm always led to explain
Fedora is a kind of hat, not simply a made up word.

The use of a hat would instantly make it clear for some people. Besides,
several Red Hat employees happen to wear the Red Hat while representing
Fedora or when they're representing both Red Hat and Fedora.

Someone in #fedora-ambassadors mentioned a guy who would give a talk and
wear the Red Hat while speaking of RHEL/Red Hat Inc and take it off while
speaking of Fedora/Fedora Project. I can't see where would be the issue of
wearing a blue hat instead of nothing. It makes clear they're different,
separated and so on.

Best regards.

2013/6/21 Ruben Guerra Marin <rugebiker at fedoraproject.org>

Marcel Ribeiro Dantas,
Biomedical Engineering Researcher at LAIS
Laboratory for Technological Innovation in Healthcare (LAIS-HUOL)

http://mribeirodantas.fedorapeople.org
mribeirodantas at fedoraproject.org
mribeirodantas at lais.huol.ufrn.br

GNU/Linux User nro. #440985