[Ambassadors] ambassadors Digest, Vol 259, Issue 10

Hector Alfonso Gonzalez Ramirez hagr182 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 15:26:17 UTC 2013

Maria´s profile idea is Genius, it would show how Fedora might adapt and
serve each user´s specific needs, and as she says it will serve us to
generate statistics on who uses Fedora and what for, generating very useful
data to us Ambassador and the rest of the Community.

We should make it, if the idea does fly, so that by the end of the
profiling and questioning the user is given 2 links, one for the general
release and one for a spin that may as well serve him. (I.E. the security
spin). And we might aswell in an extras section give a curated suggestion
of packages to install that might be useful.

This way we become more friendly to the users, because there are many who
shiver at the mere mention of linux, afraid of loosing the hability to do
what they are doing right now on other OSes, not to mention we gain an
useful insight on our users.