[Ambassadors] FAD APAC 2013

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 02:37:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 22:38 +0800, Marie Grace Gaffud-Antonio wrote:
> Fedora PH just concluded its first meeting for FAD APAC 2013 a few
> minutes ago. The schedule we came up with is January 17-19, 2014.
> Please let us know if this is okay. A rough headcount of folks flying
> in will also be great. Thanks in advance!

My schedule is quite flexible so I should be able to make it whenever
you're OK to host, unless I have an assessment or something coming up.
I'm still looking at tasks that merit a FAD though.

Fedora 20 is meant to release in mid December, so the FAD can't do
anything release worthy for Heisenbug.[1]

The FAD will fall early in development cycle for F21 though (based on
this[3]). Here's my proposal:
- Everyone that wants to attend the FAD makes a list of release critical
tasks that they think APAC can contribute in, in our current state.
- We spread out these tasks amongst ourselves during the FAD, identify
contact points etc..
- Everyone returns from the FAD with a set of these tasks that they
intend to work on throughout the F21 release cycle.
- We get to work during the F21 cycle on our accepted goals.
- We monitor the amount of work we've managed to help with for the F21
release.
- We assess ourselves, find areas we were weak in, and plan our next FAD
etc. accordingly.

Since we're hosting a FAD and making plans for it afterwords (as opposed
to working towards a goal, and planning a FAD around it to get work done
quicker), it's not quite easy to make a list of tasks that folks can sit
together and work on at the FAD itself. It is going to be some kind of
planning FAD: FUDCon planning/release work planning/....

The idea is to increase participation of APAC members in teams that work
on release critical tasks. (Ambassadors spread the word about a Fedora
release, *after* all the work has been done)

Oh! Would it please be possible for you to host a GPG key signing party,
to build our web of trust[2]?

Can we move to the fudcon planning mailing list for these discussions,
since there are quite a few non ambassador APAC members who it'll be
good to include in the FAD too?

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/20/Schedule
[2] http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN554
[3] http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-20/f-20-all-tasks.html