[Ambassadors] Supplementary wallpapers election

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Oct 2 09:43:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 10:30:30AM +0200, Kévin Raymond wrote:
> Le mercredi 02 oct. 2013 à 09:02:25 (+0200), Pierre-Yves Chibon a écrit :
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Submission period for the Supplemental Wallpapers for F20 is over now, its time
> > for the voting. Like for F19 all Fedora contributors who are member of a group
> > addionally to CLA can vote. Voting for more then 100 possibilities in the voting
> > system we normally use, would definitely boring especially you have to look back
> > to the wiki to see the submission. So Design and Infrastructure Team worked
> > together since Flock to create something better, its called Nuancier
> > https://apps.fedoraproject.org/nuancier/ and you will see voting with it is
> > enjoyable.
> >
> > So go to https://apps.fedoraproject.org/nuancier/election/1/vote/ and take the
> > little bit of time to help us to select the finest amongst the submissions for
> > the package.
> >

> [snip]
>
> Hi, thanks for the reminder.
> I can see it is an official Fedora vote.
> Why don't we have it there: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/ ?

Because they are two different projects. One is the traditionnal election
application which as you know is very handy to vote on wallpapers since it does
not give you any overview of which wallpaper is which unless you have one tab
open on the wiki page and the other on the election page and keep using ctrl+f
to match the preview with its name :)

So the design team came to us (infra) at flock and we started thinking in having
something a little more user-friendly.
Nuancier is the results of this process.

Ideally, we would like to merge nuancier with the election application but that
will require a major revision of the election application and some sort of
built-in plugin system.
This is a longer term project, nuancier has been built in a month, it's not
perfect but at least it makes voting on wallpaper much more enjoyable.

Does that answer your question ? :)

Cheers,
Pierre