[Ambassadors] Ambassadors places in new Working Groups

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 04:39:33 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-27 at 14:46 +0100, Nobrakal wrote:

> Yes, you're right, but it's another problem. But, now, freemedia isn't
> longer required. Live usb is very useful, on my mind.
>
> Alexandre
> --

Wrong!

Then you have no idea what the real world issues are in respect of
fedora product distribution.  Perhaps when the cost of USB sticks become
cheaper than DVD, media then we can have new defaults, but even at that,
USB stick is a medium -- Freemedia sends media when other sources fail
and their efforts have been instrumental in reaching challenged people
in the recent past.  Should I begin to recite my own experiences as a
Freemedia member to validate the essence of Freemedia group?

Until every continent have cheap access to the internet, you shouldn't
be making such generic statements. It makes some people's effort look
like dung -- very degrading. By-the-way, I know some people who became
ambassadors via efforts of Freemedia members.  We do a lot of
correspondence in the process of getting media to remote places ... the
correspondence ends up looking like what a real helpdesk would do (a bit
of ambassadorial work -- Which is why ambassadors make good Freemedia
members).  So, please do your research before castigating a group.

Regards
Onyeibo