[Ambassadors] Spreading Fedora

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:57:42 UTC 2013

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:50:27 +0200
Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com> wrote:

> Frank Murphy píše v Ne 22. 09. 2013 v 22:52 +0100:
> > On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 16:56:05 -0200
> > Marcel Ribeiro Dantas <ribeirodantasdm at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hi Frank,

> > > I'm not sure if I really understood the goal of the initiative.
> >
> > To help get Fedora on Machines.
>
> If it's more than just burning a DVD for someone it definitely makes
> more sense. While I understand that a DVD is still the most popular
> and sometimes the only way to spread free software in some areas, I
> don't see such high demand for DVDs in Europe any more.

Aside: Freemedia still gets approx. 20\30 requests per month.
Including uk,frank,germany,italy,
Maybe the Ambassadors need to talk to more people outside,
the event\arena?

ie. The ones that are looking for the DVD

 You can
> download Fedora image with the average European Internet connection
> within minutes and buy media (either DVDs or flash drives) cheaply
> in the nearest store.

There is always a fish doesn't know know to get caught in the net.

> But if the initiative means "hey, I can burn Fedora on a DVD (or
> load on any other storage) and then help you install it on your
> computer", then I'm all for it because that's where people still
> need help.

Is not the person who can install himself, and only need the disk,
maybe the more promising future asset for Fedora?

Frank
www.frankly3d.com