[Ambassadors] [Fedora-join] A standard set of steps to join any Fedora sub-team

Sarup Banskota sbanskota08 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 21:04:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 03:30:43PM +1000, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > I stole the last few steps from the infra team. I think they have the
> > best and easiest join process. They create a fi-apperentice group and
>
> They have a great process, but it also requires someone dedicated to
> helping
> mentor the apprentices and do the status report queries. That is definitely
> awesome and I'd like to see more of it across Fedora, but I don't know how
> we can demand it of every sub-team.

I'm not really sure how it currently works on other teams, but maybe we
should have an ambassador assigned to every team? Maybe multiple
ambassadors to accommodate several timezones per sub-team? Am I wrong in
thinking that ambassadors should take up responsibility of a particular
team for fixed days in a given timezone if they're going to become
ambassadors? I understand people are only volunteers, but I feel not being
guided by a human when starting out really puts off newcomers. It would be
nice to have rosters of ambassadors/contributors mentoring newcomers at
specific periods of time.

Just an opinion :-)