[Ambassadors] Latam meeting reminder

Marcel Ribeiro Dantas ribeirodantasdm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 21:44:54 UTC 2014

I understand perfectly the fact that not everybody is a proficient speaker
in English. However, if we want to join hands as a community in order to
change the world we're in, speaking a language most people can understand
is a must. Many people don't speak Spanish and lots of people from other
regions like to read our conversations/meetings. That's why I think we
should try hard to keep it in one language. English.

Most of the time I kind of understand written Spanish. But Portuguese is my
native language and I can speak fluently in at least two other languages.
Most people are not like that.
So, once again, I make it clear how important I think it is to speak in
English when not all targets are Spanish speakers.

It may be that somebody else has said what I just said in this thread. But
I can't be sure, since most of it was written in Spanish. Besides, that's
the international ambassadors list (not a regional list). I can't think of
why there should be a message in here that is not written in English.

Best regards,

--
Marcel Ribeiro Dantas,
Biomedical Engineering Researcher at LAIS

http://mribeirodantas.fedorapeople.org
mribeirodantas at fedoraproject.org
mribeirodantas at lais.huol.ufrn.br