[Ambassadors] Latam meeting reminder

Marcel Ribeiro Dantas ribeirodantasdm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 22:07:27 UTC 2014

echevemaster at gmail.com>:

> Yes, you can speak fluently in both languages...  But that will not
> should be  a barrier for new people that wants be part of the team.

If the person speaks only Spanish, he/she should go to the regional mailing
list, or try other forms of contact such as IRC.
Sending a message to ask a question to more than one person in a language
that most of them do not understand doesn't really make sense.
However, I'm not saying it is forbidden, wrong or bad. But there are other
ways that are more efficient :-)

> If
> someone speaks spanish here because needs a response. I'll speak with
> him with the language that not supposed a barrier with him/her.

Best of all, that's a good approach. However, that's not what we've seen
here. When someone sends a message in Spanish, we see a long thread written
mostly in Spanish.
If I see someone sending a message in Portuguese here, for example, I will
send him an e-mail and try to solve his issue in Portuguese. For sure I
won't reply the message in herein Portuguese and so on :-)

But that's only my opinion.

Thank you and best regards.

--
Marcel Ribeiro Dantas,
Biomedical Engineering Researcher at LAIS

http://mribeirodantas.fedorapeople.org
mribeirodantas at fedoraproject.org
mribeirodantas at lais.huol.ufrn.br