[Ambassadors] APAC Ambassadors extra meeting minutes 2014-12-13

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 05:46:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

We had an extra meeting today to discuss the two FUDCon proposals.  We
hope to reach a decision on a recommendation for the next FUDCon APAC
in our regular meeting next week.  Everyone is requested to please
continue the discussion on the fudcon-planning mailing list.

Siddhesh

Meeting started by siddhesh at 04:03:48 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

The pune bid: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Pune_2015
(siddhesh, 04:07:09)

30-40 Fedora contributors in Pune alone and more in the rest of india
(siddhesh, 04:22:12)
> 500 students expected to attend the conference. Not as many as in PP (siddhesh, 04:22:57)
Pune team have committed sponsors for the additional $10,000 in the
budget. (kushal, 04:31:03)
India has hosted two FUDCons earlier, one in 2006 and another in 2011
(siddhesh, 04:31:48)
of the 4 FUDCons organized in APAC, 2 were in India (siddhesh, 04:34:37)
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon 2005-2014 4 fudcons organized 2
were in India (Delhi, Pune) (pravins, 04:37:05)
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_PhnomPenh_2015
(somvannda, 04:39:22)

discussing the PP bid:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_PhnomPenh_2015
(siddhesh, 04:40:20)

flight costs to PP from south-east asia is cheaper than to India
(siddhesh, 04:53:22)
FUDCon will be hosted as a sub-event in Barcamp PP with a room
dedicated for FUDCon (siddhesh, 04:55:06)
PP does not have a lot of contributors, so most will have to be flown
in (siddhesh, 05:00:08)
PP has never had a FUDCon and would benefit from having a large event
to promote Fedora (siddhesh, 05:00:26)
IDEA: We should start doing smaller targeted events in Cambodia to get
more contributors first and then go for bigger events. (kushal,
05:10:22)

 Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-12-13/fedora-meeting.2014-12-13-04.03.html
 Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-12-13/fedora-meeting.2014-12-13-04.03.txt