[Ambassadors] Multiboot DVDs for F22 and beyond

pravin.d.s at gmail.com pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 05:22:53 UTC 2014

On 19 December 2014 at 09:15, Siddhesh Poyarekar <
siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We had multiboot DVDs earlier[1] and I know that we had burned and
> distributed multiboot DVDs in the past in India.  They are a great
> idea for purely economical purposes because it allows us to utilize
> all of the space in a single layer DVD.  The other advantage of doing
> this is that it allows us to distribute spins in the same DVD, which
> is great for India since we have a fairly large KDE user (and
> contributor?) community here and definitely a fair number of XFCE
> users (/me raises hand!).  Finally, the clincher for cost is that
> burning 4000 images of the same type is significantly cheaper than
> burning 1000 images of 4 types.

Though i have not used multiboot DVD but looks attractive option due to
following things.
1. Economy of Scale.
2. No need to guess how many DVD's required for each products.

> The only problem I see in all this is that it probably breaks the
> notion of separate products for some people, but it won't be the first
> time that multiple products were burned into the same media.  The
> other limitation is coming up with standard artwork for such a DVD
> that matches the artwork of the rest of the media.  I don't know how
> difficult that would be to do for F22 for example and will need help
> from someone who does.  I can work on getting the image ready and
> hopefully an SOP for future releases, which seems to be missing in the
> wiki page.

I think artwork should be not problem. We have got an excellent team to
tackle it.
Different products team should get agree for this.

Regards,
Pravin Satpute