[Ambassadors] Travel Sponsorships for Flock in EMEA

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 12:10:11 UTC 2014

HI Maliga,

I didn't want to apply for all of the participants, else I just wanted
to say it would be nice to have for just few members - as the leaders
are voting, concuring, or FPL gives a bless... As a reward - this
would be enough special to have also an article on magazine, to
announce it to the public - until that point no one knows who's gonna
be the few to gets full sponsorship as TY. With this I think we would
be able to strengthen the community, and newcomers, or even African
members - or special guests from LATAM, or such - depending what we
want. I would like to suggest for flock a key theme, keyword, that the
community/leadership wants to see happen. A target, and THEN pick up
the proportion of attendees according to the role and target,
sponsoring.

Proportioning amount of the attendees, doesn't mean that we leave out
someone directly - just putting weight on the target theme by the
leaders can result a lot of DONE mark IMHO. Also I think we have to
use the other 2 Fudcons this way, as talks are nice and useful for
learning, to see the new things, possibilities, but if the decided
focus is packaging, or translation - then from eg. 100 attendee we
should say 40% for main track target roled attendees, then we share
the rest percents of it within other smaller focuses. We need
definitely main tracks, themes, along the points, talks, purposes -
and selecting peoples around the main track maybe would be good point.
Yet, still this is just an brainstorming from my side.

Zoltan

PGP:  06853DF7