[Ambassadors] [fedora-india] Proposal to hold a Fedora meetup in Bangalore

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 08:50:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Rejy M Cyriac <rcyriac at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Contact person for this meetup from Red Hat would be Rejy M Cyriac
>> (rcyriac at redhat.com <mailto:rcyriac at redhat.com>).
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> The venue address:
>
> RED HAT INDIA PVT LTD.
> 11TH FLOOR, TOWER-D
> IBC KNOWLEDGE PARK
> #4/1 BANNERGHATTA ROAD
> NEAR DAIRY CIRCLE
> BANGALORE - 560 029
>
> My Contact number: (+91) 9663777229

Cool!

> Do we have an agenda set for the meet ? Sorry if I missed it from an
> earlier post.

The propose agenda is:
1. Share cool stuffs we have been doing
2. Evangelise project ideas for GSoC
3. Share the awesomeness of Fedora
4. Contributing to Fedora
5. Distribute installation media

I am not sure about student participation for the event. Saturday is a
working day for many colleges. However, if students are interested,
they can surely turn up for the event.

I spoke with the folks from FSMK about this. They said that a lot of
students (around 60) are interested in GSoC and want to know more
about it. But the agenda of our meeting is more Fedora specific.

* Will it be wise to invite the students who are solely interested in
GSoC for the meetup?
  - Constraints for the above are:
    - seating space
    - deviate from Fedora specific discussions
  - Alternate solution:
    Someone from us can take part in the FSMK's meetup for GSoC
(proposed on 9th March) and put forward Fedora and it's project ideas
for GSoC.

* Or, shall the meetup comprise of only Fedora enthusiasts? We can
discuss on Fedora specific topics like:
  - how to get more contributors from our neighbourhood
  - evangelize Fedora as a GSoC organization in the neighbourhood
  - Increase Fedora usage

Please share your feedback on this.

Regards
--