[Ambassadors] Event report for Fedora meetup @ Bangalore on 8th March, 2014

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 18:10:43 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Finally, after a long time, we had a Fedora meetup today (March 8,
2014) in Bangalore at Red Hat's office in Bangalore.

The attendees for the event were:
- Anil Shah
- Varun Shastry
- Rejy M Cyriac
- Ratnadeep Debnath
- Sayan Chowdhury
- Sarup Banskota

Following is a summary of the discussions that took place in today's meetup:

Fedora monthly meetup
=================
  We've decided to do a local Fedora meetup every month to discuss and
act on reaching out to more and more people in and around the city to
encourage usage of FOSS tools, Fedora and contributing back.

FAD
====
  Once in a while, we decided have FADs where fellow Fedora folks get
together to share knowledge and hack on cool projects.

Reach out to colleges
================
  In a slow and steady manner, we'd go to colleges and local LUGs and
conduct events and workshops to educate and inspire more people to
contribute to FOSS and Fedora.

Entry point for contributors
====================
  We'd be working on creating the necessary tools to help newbies get
started with contributing to Fedora very easily. This is inspired from
http://www.whatcanidoformozilla.org/.

Please feel free to drop your comments and opinions on the above
topics discussed in today's meetup to help us do better job in
evangelising Fedora and inspiring people to contribute.

Regards,
rtnpro
--
Ratnadeep Debnath,