[Ambassadors] Discussion: revoking ambassador status

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Mar 11 14:21:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 03:07:06PM +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> Jiri Eischmann píše v Út 25. 02. 2014 v 11:07 +0100:
> > Hi,
> > yesterday we had a long discussion about whether we want to have a
> > mechanism to remove completely inactive ambassadors or not. This issue
> > is brought up again and again, so I think it's time to discuss it
> > properly and eventually make a decision.
> >
> > You can find more in this ticket:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/358
> >
> > Feel free to comment (ideally in the ticket to keep all discussion
> > there), express your opinion, propose modifications, or even different
> > solutions. You input is welcome.
> >
> I'm bringing an update on this issue. Based on the discussion in this
> mailing list and in the ticket, we decided that any manual process for
> removing "inactive" ambassadors is a no-go.

> The combination of FAS logs and datagrepper (that covers attending IRC
> meetings, using tracs, sending emails to mailing lists, voting in Fedora

For the records, mailing lists are not covered by datagrepper (and even if it
was, not everyone uses the same email address on FAS and on mailing lists, so
that would still not work).

Did you run by the infra the option of marking accounts as inactives? Are they
ok with it? Willing to do it?

Oh and a manual step will be required, there isn't any point in running this
daily and you will want to leave some times between, say the two emails
informing that one has not logged into FAS for a while and marking the account
as inactive. This will require a manual step anyway.

Cheers,
Pierre