[Ambassadors] Security FAD at Pune, an event report

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 16:00:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have written up a brief event report[1] of a Security FAD[2] we
hosted in Pune on Saturday.  We organized this FAD to try and bring
the backlog of unowned security bugs down as much as we could.  We had
about 9 attendees, two of whom were remote and we managed to bring the
backlog of 370 unowned bugs down by 36.  That may not sound like a lot
of progress, but it is, given the low number of people and also given
that a lot of the attendees (including yours truly) were doing this
for the first time *and* the fact that triaging security bugs is hard.

Prasad Pandit owned this event as the FST member and I believe he will
be sending out a report to their mailing list.  I am hoping that this
FAD has encouraged some new contributors to the FST in addition to
cutting down the backlog by a bit.

The event was co-located with a Docker event at the Red Hat office and
we took the opportunity to distribute some Fedora 20 DVDs and Fedora
stickers (and I think a couple of mugs that were left over from the
2011 FUDCon) among the Docker event attendees.  That exhausted the F20
DVD stash we had (not a lot actually, about 10-15), so we're now ready
to print F21 DVDs when it's released :)

Siddhesh

[1] http://journal.siddhesh.in/posts/fedora-activity-day-at-pune-towards-a-more-secure-fedora.html
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Pune_Security_1