[Ambassadors] LinuxCon EU and Fedora Server

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 4 21:16:02 UTC 2014

In reading Jiri's report at
<http://eischmann.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/fedora-linuxcon-europe-2014/>,
one thing I found particularly interesting was:

> People were more interested in Fedora Server which is different from
> most events where people are mostly interested in Workstation, but
> it’s not surprising considering the audience. It really helps to
> advertise a specialized product because you can clearly say: if
> you’re interested in server OSes, this is what we have for you and it
> has these interesting features. That’s why I’m glad we have Fedora
> Server. From the marketing point of view, it’s much more appealing to
> have a solution (server product) than just a lego to build it. Quite
> a few people were interested in Fedora as a future of enterprise
> Linux because what they work with and care about is Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux.

This is great feedback, and seems to show that the plan is working. :)

Do you think this is something about the LinuxCon EU audience in
specific? Should we focus more Server efforts there next year? Are
there other conferences where that would likely be the case? Was there
any specific feedback that would be helpful to bring back to the Server
WG?

So many questions. :)

--
Matthew Miller