[Ambassadors] Fedora Governance Proposal

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 02:17:36 UTC 2014

As I hope most of you have heard by now the Fedora Board and many
community members have been discussing changes to the Fedora
governance model at its highest level. I think it is fair for me to
say the primary motivation in doing this is to create a system of
governance that includes a much more active leadership responsibility.

While the proposal before the current Board today is still a work in
progress, it is detailed enough now for the Board to decide whether to
make the change. As you read the proposal understand that not every
detail will be spelled out, those can be added over time. Try to focus
on the bigger issues including the new composition of the body, the
new decision making process, and the focus on helping drive the Fedora
Project as a whole in a clear direction.

The Board will be voting on this proposal over the next couple of days
but I wanted to share the proposal as widely as possible before we
finish. Please read the proposal here

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MatthewMiller/council-draft

and feel free to provide feedback on the board-discuss list or contact
any current Board member directly.

There will be a public vote on the proposal here

https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/13

over the next couple of days. Please do not add any comments in this ticket.

Thanks,
John