[Ambassadors] fedora council: heads up, ambassadors :)

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 23:27:11 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> One particular thing of note is that Outreach is much larger in scope than
> Ambassadors has traditionally been defined. This doesn't mean we're putting
> those other areas of under the _rule_ of the ambassadors' steering
> committee, but we would like someone who can also help _represent_ those
> concerns and act as a bridge. I was particuarly struck by Christoph
> Wickert's "Advocating Fedora.next talk at Flock *, where he talked about
> getting the project message down into the on-the-ground ambassadors and out,
> and I've had talks with others (hi there, Andrew!) about how disconnected
> it can feel right now, so hopefully this will help.  And not just in one
> direction — this is an important conduit for getting real-world feedback and
> user experience back into the project.

I know we are a ways away still from selecting an Outreach
Representative but I can't stop myself from saying I heartily endorse
Christoph Wickert for this position if he is willing to serve.
Christoph was instrumental in moving Project governance in this
direction and while the form the Council has taken isn't exactly how
he envisioned it I think we will benefit from his continued
participation on the Council both in terms of his broad contributions
and experience in both the technical and outreach areas of our
community and from his commitment to creating a more effective
governance and leadership body.

I honestly don't know anyone I would rather have representing me on the Council.

John