[Ambassadors] FAD EMEA 2014 in Leverkusen Announcement

Felix Kaechele felix at fetzig.org
Thu Oct 30 22:32:19 UTC 2014

Dear Ambassadors,

the year 2014 has brought many changes to the Fedora Project and, as the
year isn't over yet, there are still some more to come.
That's why it's important for us to find the time to get together and
discuss and plan our activities for the upcoming year 2015.

In EMEA we have our traditional, yearly Fedora Ambassadors Days (FAD) to
plan our budget and review which events we want to attend as well as
make plans as to what swag we want to produce.
In the last few years we came together at the very scenic Castle of
Beuggen which unfortunately wasn't an option for this year.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank Gerold who was the
organizer of these great FAD events in the past and did a magnificent
job at it.

This years FAD is going to take place in my hometown of Leverkusen,
Germany. Still on the river Rhein but in the western part of Germany
right between Cologne and Düsseldorf. Probably not as beautiful as the
Castle of Beuggen but I think I have found a place that enables us to
have a focussed and productive environment to meet.

The date is (as usual) the first weekend of December which is

  December 5th to 7th, 2014

If you plan on attending please head over to our wiki page for this event at

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Rheinland_2014

to register.

As always there will be a evening event on Saturday.

Hope to see many of you there!

Regards,
  Felix

P.S.: Please make sure that when you register yourself for the event
that you are definitely able to come. If we book accommodation for you
we will need to pay for it even if you are not coming.