[Ambassadors] Fedora store

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Sep 17 18:59:03 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 01:27:32PM -0400, Ruth Suehle wrote:

> - What types of items are you most interested in having in the store?
> Think about price points, shipping weight, etc. Here's the Red Hat
> store if you need some inspiration: https://redhat.corpmerchandise.com

I would be interested in the Fedora 19 release shirt and I also got
positive feedback from others who would like to have a Fedora
anniversary shirt. But since there are dedicated shirt shops that print
shirts on-demand, it might be better to use one of these to sell
t-shirts. Shipping USB live media (preferable on a USB3 device) might be
a good addition to the free media program, if the shop targets
international customers. Another idea would be YubiKeys, if it is
possible to distribute them cheaper this way, to make it more
interesting for Fedora contributors to use them. This might also  be
something that would be worth selling on conferences, if this is legally
possible.

Another idea I just had, would be a Fedora mascot, not sure if this is
pursuit by someone, but at least looking at Fedora badges, a blue panda
bear might be a candidate.

> - I assume at least one item will be a t-shirt. Do you want a simple
> shirt with the Fedora logo on it, more of a shirt design we already
> have, or do you want us to go to the design team and have them work on
> something specifically for this purpose?

A shirt with just the logo might be problematic, as it might be
recognised as a Facebook shirt (I learned this from a designer at
Flock).

Regards
Till