[Ambassadors] Fedora store

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 22 21:11:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 01:34:30PM +0200, Jukka Palander wrote:
> In Europe, you just cannot start doing this without the permission
> (operating in Europe =having a store here).
> Whatever it is -charity (especially) or profit making store. You will
> need a "VAT" number and that requires some actions by European country
> to be able to operate!

All of this is why we're going with a vendor rather than trying to set up
something ourselves. We *aren't* going to get into the business of selling
goods in any region. If it is really successful in a smaller market, we can
see what we can do to make it international — which, of course, we all
*want*.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>