[Ambassadors] Self Introduction

praveen patil praveenkumar103 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 12:48:51 UTC 2014

On 24-Sep-2014 5:43 PM, "pravin.d.s at gmail.com" <pravin.d.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>      Already my 7+ years with Fedora. I never miss chance to promote
Fedora in conferences. Today onwards i will do this officially :) Thanks to
kushal for approving my Ambassador [1] request.

Congratulations Pravin :)

>     I am main developers for liberation-fonts, Lohit, ibus-sayura and
ibus-rawcode. Over the years i have also contributed to QT, glibc,
fontconfig, pango and harfbuzz. More information about me available at [2]

>     Main purpose is to promote Fedora in India, increasing users and
contributors community and actively participate ambassadors activity around
world. I got a chance to meet Truong and Jiri in flock-2014. Attending
there presentations motivated me too join this group. I am already member
of Fedora marketing team and want to see how we can better implement
strategies decided by Fedora marketing team in Fedora Ambassadors group.

>     My expertise is internationalization. India is a country with 22
official language excluding English. In Fedora we are doing excellent by
supporting all of these language. I would like to work with Ambassadors
group and make see how we can effectively reach to target audience and make
them aware regarding features of Fedora. We are already trying to do it but
i still feel long way to go.