[Ambassadors] Funding from FAmNA for jbwillia (Ben) to go to Flock

Nick Bebout nb at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 3 19:30:28 UTC 2015

Apologies if this comes through twice, but I think I sent it from a
non-subscribed address the first time:

I have been talking to jbwillia (Southern_Gentlman/kk4ewt) on IRC about the
Amateur Radio Test Session and the Ambassador sessions at Flock.  He is not
a speaker, so he did not get funding from the Flock budget to attend.

I would like to propose that we fund him attending Flock from the FAmNA
Budget for the following reasons:

1) we have to have 3 Amateur Extra class Volunteer Examiners (VE)'s to be
able to administer General and Extra class license exams, currently we have
2, plus one General class, which means we will only be able to administer
Technician class license exams at Flock, unless he or another Extra class
VE is able to come.  We have had several people interested in taking
General or Extra class exams.

2) I think Ben will be a valuable participant in the FAmNA Brainstorming as
well as the other Ambassador sessions at Flock

I just ran quotes and it looks like airline ticket will be about $520, plus
he would need to share a hotel room also.

I have filed https://fedorahosted.org/famna/ticket/112 and would suggest we
vote there since the decision needs to be made pretty quickly.

nb