[Ambassadors] FUDCon Phnom Penh 2016 Bidding Announcement

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:23:32 UTC 2015

On 27 August 2015 at 14:02, Truong Anh Tuan <tuanta at iwayvietnam.com> wrote:
> I suggest we should do it in the regional meeting this weekend. If PP
> bid is ok, we will raise it to the process to make it as an official
> location for FUDCon APAC 2016. Otherwise, we have to make another call
> for bidding to give chance for other teams (AFAIK, at least a team is
> preparing for their bid for FUDCon APAC 2016 or 2017)

I am out this weekend, so cannot make it to the meeting.  However, I
would like to mention that I support the PP bid if they are able to
satisfactorily show that they have cash in reserve in their team to
cover for the expenses during the FUDCon, especially the ones where a
community credit card cannot be used directly.  I don't have any other
concerns with the bid.  I would also like to point out how long it
could take in the worst case for reimbursements to happen - it has
been 2 months since FUDCon Pune and due to various issues
(insufficient community card limits, schedules, etc.) a lot of
reimbursements on the fudcon-planning trac are still pending.  The
team needs to be prepared for such eventualities as well.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in