[Ambassadors] Measuring success.

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 26 13:13:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 09:12:44AM +0100, Cesar Pinto wrote:
> Maybe this has been raised before but I would like to raise the question of
> overall goals, metrics and accountability in relation to the success of
> this Fedora project.

This sounds great!

> Also there must be a way to measure success. Are we tracking regional
> downloads to know if our efforts as ambassadors are having a measurable
> impact?

Stephen Smoogen does have some of those numbers. It's a lot of
guesswork.

> The closest I´ve seen around this is an email from Matthew on event
> strategy. But (myself at least) I see events as only a tactical activity,
> what about PR work? technology partnerships? (docker) academic adoption?
> (charitable ICT work?) training programs? (free course on linux?)

Nice! Have you seen the effort to create a higher-level outreach
steering committee, which would encompass ambassadors, marketing,
design, etc? It hasn't really gotten off the ground yet, but hopefully
it can be a place for this higher-level kind of conversation. (Although
starting here is awesome -- don't let me derail!)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>