[Ambassadors] GIS Spin

Eduardo Mayorga Téllez mayorga at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 6 06:43:08 UTC 2015

El 05/07/2015 8:36 am, Hisham Abdel-Magid escribió:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm interested in launching a Fedora GIS Spin. From what I found so
> far is that there once was an attempt tergeting Fedora 15 with the Geo
> Spin [1], and there is also the GIS packaging SIG [2].
> I wonder if there is any thing running out there, and if not, how can
> I help to get it live?.

Assuming that you plan to maintain it as an official Fedora spin, I
suggest you
to submit a Self Contained Change proposal for the next release as the
deadline
for F23 has passed. You can see an example here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Cinnamon_Spin.

The GIS SIG is relatively small so I think that is why the previous
attempt
failed.

Eduardo

--