[Ambassadors] New list for APAC discussions

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 09:53:36 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-07-09 at 09:49 +0530, Amit Shah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A new list for discussions relevant to the APAC region has been
> created:

> The main need for such a list was to have a place where all the
> fedora-apac trac activity could be monitored.

Oh, just so that everyone knows - this can actually be done in trac
-preferences. People that want notifications from the trac can ask the
trac admins to add their e-mail addresses to the list - a nice opt-in
system exists.

>   This list could be used
> for planning and budget activities, plus any issues relevant to the
> region.

In general though, while I'm for regional lists for focussed
discussion, I prefer using one main list. It ensures that the entire
community is aware of the discussion that happens - folks from regions
other than APAC that are generally interested in happenings of the
global community shouldn't have to join each mailing list, which seems
to be the case at the moment. Even though I'm on multiple lists
(reaching about 50 now!!), I don't know what's happening in the
Indonesia community (just for example) - it's just too hard. So, unless
the list is created because folks want to use a regional language, for
example, I'd prefer sticking to the main ambassadors list for
discussions.

Basically, we already struggle with the lack of communication between
fedora teams from time to time, and specific mailing lists have the
tendency to exacerbate this :(
--
Thanks,
Regards,