[Ambassadors] VISA fee reimbursement

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:12:12 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Danishka Navin
<snavin at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As all of us know we have an issue with funds for events.
> Do we really need to  reimburse VISA fee?
>
> For example, If 10 guys requesting for 50$ if VISA fee, we have to allocate
> 500$.
> * This amount may help on either one or two guys to flying to an event
> * This amount may really good enought to run several low budget events.
>
> As Fedora is not a travel agency, should we continue this practise?

Honestly I think Fedora is too generous with reimbursements in
general. Except in cases of hardship I think ambassadors who are able
to should pay part of their own expenses as a routine matter. I
suspect it is just easier to deal with without considering need and
that is probably why we often just pay for everything.

John