[Ambassadors] Marketing requirements - what do the ambassadors need?

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 15:43:05 UTC 2015

Ankur Sinha píše v Út 16. 06. 2015 v 15:54 +0100

> Having said that, I think different collaterals suit different target
> audiences. A pen does very little for a newbie - he doesn't have the
> minimum level of information on Fedora to make any thing of it, or to
> take anything away from it? Of course, they find it really cool, but
> they probably have pens from different distros too, not just Fedora,
> so

That's exactly what I wanted to add. I think most people here look at
it from their perspective. For them, it's great to have a Fedora pen
because it shows their support for the project, for the brand. And I
think it totally make sense for our current users and contributors.

But giving away pens to people who know nothing about Fedora? That's
just a waste of money. I bring some cool swag from conferences, but
does it make me explore products of the brand on them? Rarely. I, for
example, got a bluetooth speakers from HP at the last LinuxCon Europe.
Did it make me to check their products? Not really, I would actually
appreciate if there was no logo on it... so much for branded stuff
given to random people.

Building the brand by giving away things with your logo does work, but
on completely different quantity levels.

Jiri