[Ambassadors] APAC Ambassadors BoF discussion session at FUDCon Pune 2015

Truong Anh Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Mon Jun 29 00:54:10 UTC 2015

Hi there,

This wraps up some most important things we discussed in the session.

We discuss much about the most effective way to produce and
distribute media and swag in APAC.

We had tried some different ways to produce and distribute media in
some last releases (producing in EMEA, shipping to Singapore, China,
producing in India, etc.) and now we decided to make it in India
centrally then distribute to the other countries.
We can distribute them twice per year at FUDCon and Budget planning
FAD. Or we can ship them to China, to Singapore then distribute them
to the other countries.

Harish (re)proposed his idea to organize event participants to bring
their unused small (say 2G) USB sticks along to burn Fedora LiveUSB
into and give to other people.
Another way is to buy old (and small) USB sticks (need to check the
prices)
And of course, people can bring their normal USB sticks along to
burn Fedora LiveUSB in.
One of the disadvantages of this way is Fedora brand is not put on
(it is more expensive to do that) but one of the advantages is to
encourage people to help each other.

We also discussed about how to produce and distribute swag.
In general, it could be similar to do it with media but we need to
have another wrangler (maybe in India as well) to manage the whole
process (currently, there is no volunteer).

We also tentatively decided the next location for FAD for making
annual budget plan is Singapore. Tentative dates are around at the
end of November.
Harish will work together with me and other APAC ambassadors to make
this ready soon to propose to the Council [1].

Please add more information if I forgot something.

Rgds,
Tuan

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_organize_a_FAD