[Ambassadors] Linux Course for beginner

dinesh kumar dinesh.hmn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 18:47:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

I don't have slides but I can suggest some pointers that I used when I was
promoting Linux in my college

1. Explain to them that Linux is community based. There is no person
(official support) that you can get to help in case you have a problem. The
best way to fix errors or problems is by blogs or forums, or if they have
someone who can help you.

2. Explain what are repositories and how will you install softwares. Tell
them that exe file doesn't work here

3. Explain to them what are distros and desktops (KDE,  xfce, GNOME).

4. Explain what is a kernel and what is bash and shell.

5. Explain the folder structure and drive partitions.

6. Explain how to install and swap.

I think that should cover the basics.

Regards,
Dinesh Hemnani.