[Ambassadors] Fedora Budget.next -, https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Budget.next

John T. Rose rose at iastate.edu
Fri Nov 6 15:20:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 12:41 AM, Zacharias Mitzelos <mitzie at mitzelos.com> wrote:
>> While we try to accommodate everyone with legitimate expenses please
>> note that you are required to submit expenses within 2 weeks as
>> described in the deadlines section here:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reimbursements
>
> I'm aware of that, but there are many cases that we eventually reimburse
> people after this period.

Reimbursement will almost always happen everywhere after this period.
This deadline is for the reimbursement request. The reimbursement will
happen as soon as it can after the request is made and unfortunately
that often does take a considerable amount of time.

> So if we are going to do quarterly checks, then we should be more strict
> about this deadline.

Well, we can't make people doing reimbursements find time that doesn't
exist for them. But maybe we can make the case that we simply need
more people in a position to do reimbursements by tracking this
better.

John