[Ambassadors] Fedora Budget.next -, https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Budget.next

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 6 21:25:07 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 03:20:31PM -0500, Remy DeCausemaker wrote:
> > I do have a question, who votes to re-allocate unspent funds?
> > I could see some problems with re-allocation if the region is over ruled
> > by another region
> My understanding is that each region will have their OWN budget to wrangle.
> APAC will handle APAC, LATAM will handle LATAM, etc...
> Is that how it worked in the past? Cross-regional budget reallocation isn't
> something I had heard of before.

Well, we — everyone, really, not just the Council — have a
responsibility to make sure that the money we are allocated goes to
advance the project's mission. If something big is canceled in one
region and there's something else in the same region to take its place,
cool. But if there _isn't_, it should be available for other regions or
for global needs.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>