[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC 2016 proposal

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 04:28:20 UTC 2015

On 14 October 2015 at 09:03, sankarshan <sankarshan at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Is there a link to the concerns/notes expressed?

None off-hand, I remember some of us suggesting that answers to the
concerns be put up on the bid page, but that doesn't seem to have
happened.  In brief I believe cash management and audience were the
biggest concern, cash management because for the only major event we
had (FAD at PP last year), Tuan and I had to carry wads of cash ($500
each) because it's not possible to receive Paypal payments in
Cambodia.

> Also, 100 participants seem a very low number for an event - is there a specific
> basis for the calculation?

This was one of the questions about the target audience.  It wasn't
completely clear what the target audience was, but I believe the focus
was on getting passersby in the main event and flying in contributors
who were interested in doing outreach at the event.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in