[Ambassadors] FAD Singapore 2015

Danishka Navin danishka at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:36:46 UTC 2015

Going forward we should keep one day before the FUDcon for community
meeting instead of having small slots to discuss common issues.
It would be great if we can start this from next FUDcon in 2016 on wards.
or we can host this after the FUDcon (next day).

We don't really need to host a FAD for sake of running a FAD in Singapore
if we do not need this FAD to discuss budget.
What I mean is Fedora Singapore should decide whether they need a FAD or
not if other communities do not need meet in person to discuss the budget.

Personally, I don't see a value of running FAD with topic such as
Globalization, etc  in Singapore where it doesn't make any sense to the
local community here but hosting local events with Ambassadors/contributors
in other countries, based on local community interest
(Cloud/Atom/OpenShift, etc).

I would like to propose the following,

One week before > completion of country level budget planning and
prioritizing + swag request
Day 0 (Friday except 4th Dec): Public event including Fedora 23 release
(3-4 hour event) with some of the Fedoreans coming to FAD
+ Social event.

Day 1: 9AM to 9PM Budget planning + Swag planning (if we have time)
Day 2:  Swag planning (if not completed day 1) and media plan including
improve Ambassadors work in the region (morning)
            afternoon: => Knowledge sharing in away it suites for us (Special
interest topics + barcamp style)

This is a mix of what Harish and Tuan proposed.

Thanks,
--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com