[Ambassadors] Fedora t-shirts for users

Gabriele Trombini g.trombini at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 10:01:49 UTC 2015

Il giorno dom, 25/10/2015 alle 07.07 +0100, Gerold ha scritto:
> Hi,

Good morning,

> I see at the reaction that it´s not absolutly clear (which is
> correct)
> what I like or what my intention behind are.
> First, it is NOT MANDATORY to register to get one ....
> BUT it is requested :-)

I didn't spoke about mandatory or not mandatory; I only pointed out if
people will register themselves only for a T-shirt in change.
I'm guessing if people could waste time (let me say "waste time" even
if it's not an accurate term) for having a t-shirt that a dozens (or
more) of people could get.
E.g. I can decide to register if in the t-shirt there will be written
"Gabri - registered user # xxxxx", this would be a real acknowledgment.

> [....]

> In genereal this is also a marketing campeign which must be worked
> on,
> very detailed. As well as touching a lot of units inside our
> community
> to get such a thing done ...

Yes, that's make sense, and we can merge discussion open in the council
-discuss ML order to have feedback from users about Fedora. Something
like "tell me about your experience with Fedora and you will receive a
reward". But this, as you say, is a marketing discussion that goes
deeper than the scope of Jiri's question (IMO collecting addresses is a
gathering of sensible data, and we have to grant anonymity).

> Just my five cents and thoughts, so far

> All the best
> Gerold

Greetings.