[Ambassadors] F23 media production (in EMEA)

Francesco Frassinelli fraph24 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:57:21 UTC 2015

Il giorno gio, 29/10/2015 alle 14.35 +0100, Zoltan Hoppar ha scritto:
> IMHO, I think we can greatly simplify this "burning tower". What we
> need is an arm computer - strong enough to run an external usb
> burner,
> and a externally powered USB hub, maybe an SD card reader too. If we
> attach an tiny touch and LCD either, then I think an RSPI2 would be
> enough as heart of this system. From software side I think we have
> already base and roots, just need some pimp up to get our
> "burnmachine" as simply as a coffeemachine. The app is called
> Multiwrite, and its in our repos already.
>
> It would be an nice project for us, and would be an nice portable kit
> for events, moreover - the multiple usb can be also an
> "hey-pal-charge-your-device-til-we-can-chat-about-fedora" thing on
> the
> booth. I have seen similar by Intel booth. Opinions?

I agree. I think that a friendly/attractive burning/coffee-machine
combined with a physical handbook could be a very interesting
combination for the future :)

I just proposed to a friend of mine (Fedora and Raspberry Pi user) if
we can create together a burning machine with an LCD screen and a
couple of buttons and LEDs. It would be nice to have everything inside
a nice enclosure: it would be portable, quite cheap and distinctive.
I hope we could realize it before our next Release Party and share
everything with you.

We should decide what to do with F23: we could make 1000 DVDs while we
develop/test those alternative and consider to move away from DVDs for
F24/F25. It could be a bit too risky to make such a big change without
an appropriate transition period.

I didn't know about multiwrite: thank you.