[Ambassadors] F23 media production (in EMEA)

Neville A. Cross yn1v at taygon.com
Thu Oct 29 17:23:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-29 at 14:35 +0100, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
> IMHO, I think we can greatly simplify this "burning tower". What we
> need is an arm computer - strong enough to run an external usb
> burner,
> and a externally powered USB hub, maybe an SD card reader too. If we
> attach an tiny touch and LCD either, then I think an RSPI2 would be
> enough as heart of this system. From software side I think we have
> already base and roots, just need some pimp up to get our
> "burnmachine" as simply as a coffeemachine. The app is called
> Multiwrite, and its in our repos already.
>
> It would be an nice project for us, and would be an nice portable kit
> for events, moreover - the multiple usb can be also an
> "hey-pal-charge-your-device-til-we-can-chat-about-fedora" thing on
> the
> booth. I have seen similar by Intel booth. Opinions?
>
> Zoltan

I have a friend who is a system engineer working on installing a recent
fedora version on R-Pi2 and desisted. Seneca College made the proof of
concept and moved on, so Pidora is outdated.

This is the opportunity for a nice article on how to install fedora 23
on R-Pi2? Not everybody is well versed in the tiny details to make this
works.

... and then another article on how to run multiwrite in R-Pi-2
(hopping that gnome-multi-writer does not need the full gnome desktop
and works nice in a XFCE setup)

Raspberry-pi aside, having multiwriter at a event may be really nice.

I had great attention using turbojet as a multi DVD writer tool, but it
is not in fedora repos.

Neville