[Ambassadors] F23 media production (in EMEA)

Neville A. Cross yn1v at taygon.com
Thu Oct 29 17:32:57 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-29 at 14:53 +0100, Robert Mayr wrote:
> > All of you write is true, but.....
> > The media its not only a simple dvd which contain Fedora
> > installation stuffs. Its a marketing business.
> > When users visit Us at Fedora booth, they always asking, and want
> > grab a new Fedora DVD. The Fedora installation DVDs must be there
> > at the Fedora booth. Can U imagine the booth without DVDs ?
> >
> > Geri
> >

> Honestly speaking? Yes I can, DVDs are slowly dying and in a few
> years we won't produce them anymore.
> IMO users will come to our booth also without DVDs, they are not
> mandatory to have a good Fedora booth, and as ambassadors we should
> not focus too much on this kind of swag, because we can do many other
> things from a marketing or promotional POV.
>
> --
> Robert Mayr
> (robyduck)

For one flisol we made a collage in a board like elementary school kids
do. It was 10th Fedora aniversary. We have some info about all
releases, and all FPL's ... really old fashion ... nothing like having
a big screen with a slide show. It was a magnet, maybe because we made
something different. The bonus was that everybody collaborator involved
got better at fedora history.

In the third world internet is becoming better and better, so having
media is not that important as it used to be. We have a lot of request
for copying the iso files.

Still, I would prefer to have media in the booth, but I really see how
this is becoming less important. What really matters is what we do with
the few seconds of attention that a person give us when we talk with
them at the booth.

Neville