[Ambassadors] Requesting for 2 new mentors approval

Gabriele Trombini g.trombini at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:31:41 UTC 2015

Il giorno lun, 14/09/2015 alle 20.00 +0200, Zoltan Hoppar ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to approve two new mentors for EMEA region. One is
> Mohamed Fawzy, who is pushing his community in Egypt, and we can
> receive with him an arabic mentor for Africa within the Fedora
> Mentors
> team. From the other side, I'd like to suggest also Onuralp Sezer
> (FAS:
> Thunderbirdtr) to mentor, who is experienced, since years with us and
> wants to help either.
>
> Please help me to accept them on the list, and get through if there
> is
> any approval process, and ensure them to access the mentors trac.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zoltanh721

Hello Zoltan,

I really appreciate your request and I really want Fedora acknowledges
the good job both Onuralp and Mohamed did.

But I have a more general question: how many mentors do we have in
EMEA?

At the moment we have 12 mentors (more or less available) + Affix (if I
remember correctly), and the mentorship process is going well as far.

I think there's no need to have almost more mentors than ambassador
requests. If there's this need instead it means mentors aren't
available for their services; we could hold in stand-by both Onuralp
and Mohamed until any mentor leaves.

This is my opinion.

Gabri