[Ambassadors] Requesting for 2 new mentors approval

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 15 09:33:07 UTC 2015

> Il giorno lun, 14/09/2015 alle 20.00 +0200, Zoltan Hoppar ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to approve two new mentors for EMEA region. One is
> > Mohamed Fawzy, who is pushing his community in Egypt, and we can
> > receive with him an arabic mentor for Africa within the Fedora
> > Mentors
> > team. From the other side, I'd like to suggest also Onuralp Sezer
> > (FAS:
> > Thunderbirdtr) to mentor, who is experienced, since years with us and
> > wants to help either.
> >
> > Please help me to accept them on the list, and get through if there
> > is
> > any approval process, and ensure them to access the mentors trac.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Zoltanh721
>
> Hello Zoltan,
>
> I really appreciate your request and I really want Fedora acknowledges
> the good job both Onuralp and Mohamed did.
>
> But I have a more general question: how many mentors do we have in
> EMEA?
>
> At the moment we have 12 mentors (more or less available) + Affix (if I
> remember correctly), and the mentorship process is going well as far.
>
> I think there's no need to have almost more mentors than ambassador
> requests. If there's this need instead it means mentors aren't
> available for their services; we could hold in stand-by both Onuralp
> and Mohamed until any mentor leaves.
>
> This is my opinion.
>
> Gabri

I totally agree with Gabriele here, we have many mentors and there is
already a proposal for another one.
That said we also have a FAmSCo approved process [1] to nominate and to
remove mentors, and the ambassadors list is clearly not the place where
mentors and FAmSCo comunicate.
So if you want to follow it please start from that and let's close the
discussion on the ambassadors ML, as votes from ambassadors have no
influence about the request.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/366#comment:8

Kindly

--