Fedora Bug Day Event - Pick Your Poison - Friday 2005-07-29

Jack Aboutboul jaboutbo at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 15:59:20 UTC 2005

Saddle up the horsies and git yer shotguns kids, its time for a Bug Day!

Who:
The Fedora BugZappers Triage Team, men, women and children alike.  More
information is available at
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers

When:
Friday 29 July 2005 - Starting at 9AM in your timezone!

What:
The theme for our first bug day will be "Pick Your Poison."  Anything in
bugzilla is fair game!  The goal will be to try and triage as many bugs
as possible, close out duplicates as well as linking to upstream bug
trackers.  Additionally, we have the special honor of trying to file and
close out as many Documentation Bugs as possible

Where:
Join us on #fedora-bugs on irc.freenode.net and on
fedora-triage-list at redhat.com . Bugzilla is at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com .

How:
The following steps are necessary for those interested in participating:

1. Go to http://bugzilla.redhat.com and sign up for an account.

2. Sign up for a Fedora Account using the same Bugzilla name at
https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/ .  When setting up your
account, click the box to be added to the 'fedorabugs' group.  An
administrator will then approve your membership.

3. Sign up for membership to the fedora-triage-list at
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-triage-list .  Once you
are done and signed up, please send an email to the list with a subject
line of "Triage Participant: 2005-07-29" so that we know you plan on
participating.  This also ensures that you will be entered into the
activity tracker for the day so you can earn a reward. More on that
later.

4. Hop on #fedora-bugs on irc.freenode.net on Friday morning and bring
lots of ammo!

Why:

To help the project, to help the developers and to earn rewards.  Yes
you heard right, rewards.  There will be awards given out to certain
participants at the conclusion of Bug Days.  Awards for things such as
most active, most reported, most closed, most marked upstream an so on
will be announced within a week and all rewards sent out.  Also,
sometimes we will have special rewards that we give out just for fun, at
random, because well, we're nice guys and gals.

What are these rewards you ask? Joining us is the only way to find out
what's in the treasure chest.

See you on Friday.