the push toward fc6

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jun 13 17:46:55 UTC 2006

My fellow Fedora-ites,

Many of you have probably seen this, but for those who haven't, I would
like to point your attention to an op-ed piece that was recently posted on
distrowatch:

 	http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20060612#opinion

The author looks at the most recent releases of Ubuntu, SuSe, and Fedora,
and concludes that fc5 is "possibly one of the most stable and dependable
Linux distributions ever built."

This is tremendous praise, and I hope that everyone who contributes to
Fedora -- whether you contribute code to Core or Extras, documentation,
testing, design skills, web work, translation, or something else -- feels
a strong sense of pride from this, since it is the combined efforts of the
Fedora community that has gotten us to where we are.

Everywhere I go, people who find out that I work on Fedora compliment me
on fc5.  I hear over and over again that it's the best yet, that things
"just work" and that it's powerful and slick.  The credit for all of this
belongs to the developers, release engineers, and testers who put in
countless hours to get us there.  Thank you.

We have a devel freeze for fc6-test1 tomorrow, and a scheduled release of
fc6-test1 next Wednesday.

So I'd like to thank all of the people who have been working hard on
getting things ready, and I'd like to urge everyone to put in the testing
effort that we need to make sure that fc6 lives up to the same standard
that we created for fc5.

Will Woods is our Fedora Test Lead, and fc6 is going to be the first
release that he works on.  Please offer him your help, your time, and your
talent.

We will continue to make our mark by being the most innovative and highest
quality distribution.  Let the other folks talk about it -- meanwhile,
we'll just keep making it happen.

You are Fedora.

--
Max Spevack